- The cover has to fulfill at least the following requirements:
- Coverage of insurance has to be at least EUR 30.000.- and valid for all the Schengen States. The amount must be spelled out or it must say unlimited. NO reimbursement, deductible or co-pay is accepted.
- Any expenses for medical treatment and emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, medical evacuation, medical repatriation and repatriation of remains back to Japan must be covered. This has to be spelled out in the policy.
- The duration of coverage must be valid for your entire stay in the Schengen zone including time difference (i.e. an insurance valid until 24:00 in Japan may only be valid until 16:00 in Europe). However, it is advised to arrange for a validity period until 15 days after your intended stay. This will allow flexibility in case of sudden impediments such as flight cancellations, delays, postponement of your trip, etc.
- Each insurance policy is checked individually. Please note that a policy may not be accepted, if the policy does not adequate. Some policies may contain special provisions such as age limitations or others that will render the policy unacceptable even if the above criteria are formally met.
- You may be required to provide proof of your health insurance also at the border when entering Germany or the Schengen area.